Kitchen remodeling was one of the most desired home projects in 2017 and it’s a good way to increase the value of your home. But, you want to make sure that you are setting yourself up for success before tearing out the cabinets and pulling up the floors. Remember these do’s and don’ts to create the dream kitchen you’ve always wanted the appropriate way:
- Conduct research to ensure the contractor you’ve selected is qualified for the job. Browse reviews online, seek out input from your friends and colleagues, and don’t settle just because one contractor is the least expensive.
- Identify your kitchen must-haves—do you want your kitchen to be energy efficient? Have a specific finish or countertop material? Do you want technologically-advanced appliance controls?
- Evaluate what an ideal floor plan for your kitchen would look like. Keep it functional and efficient with plenty of storage and countertop space that meets your needs and the needs of your household. What do you want to get out of the space? What do you like to use the kitchen for most frequently? Cooking? Entertaining? Spending time with your family?
- Store all your receipts. Have them in a safe place to present when filing your taxes or to use when you are ready to sell your home in the future.
- Focus only on the aesthetic of your new kitchen—shiny countertops or a perfect color palette aren’t the most vital things about your new kitchen. Ensure the quality of your cabinets, countertops and replacement windows is high to keep your kitchen running efficiently for a long time.
- Forget to consider the budget! Stay on budget by prioritizing based on your needs and what features are worth the most to you. We suggest budgeting at least 10 percent more than what you think you’ll need so you can cover unexpected costs during the remodeling process.
- Forget about windows! Pella Windows and Doors has a range of excellent kitchen window styles that can pull together an entire kitchen remodel.
One of the most important aspects of a kitchen remodeling project is the windows—they offer light into your space, set the tone for the room and deliver you a gateway to the outdoors, which can be beneficial when there’s a cool breeze on a summer day. If you are thinking about replacement windows as a part of your kitchen remodel, give our experts at Pella Windows and Doors a call at 403-328-2517, stop by our Lethbridge showroom or arrange an in-home consultation with us online so we can help you pick out the right replacement windows for your kitchen needs.