Winter weather is just around the corner in Lethbridge and when the temperature lowers, the utility bills can often increase. There are several things that you can do to get yourself organized for the chilly season and equip your home for the weather change. Storm door installation can aid your home comfort throughout the winter season, and Pella Windows and Doors is here to help prime your home for what’s ahead.
Are you wondering what is so significant about storm door installation? While storm doors are advantageous all year long, here are a few of the benefits that storm doors provide during Lethbridge winter:
- They increase energy efficiency – Storm doors are one added layer between the outdoors and the inside of your home. Their glass covering option reduces energy loss and can help lower monthly costs on your heating this winter.
- They increase home security – Just as storm doors deliver an added layer of protection from the elements, a locked storm door also gives another barrier for burglars or other uninvited guests.
Storm door installation is a great way to ready your entryway for the upcoming winter, but here are additional ways to save some money throughout your home as the colder weather approaches:
- Check weather stripping. When your weather stripping is loose, cold air can find its way in and impact your home comfort. If you have issues when reattaching or replacing loose weather stripping surrounding the doors and windows, give our Pella of Lethbridge team a call and we’ll be happy to help.
- Clean window sills and moving parts. Debris can get caught in the moving parts of your windows and doors, especially in your window sills. Grab a dry paintbrush and brush out these areas to make a tighter seal and enhance your window and door performance.
- Repair damaged exterior surfaces. Any weak spots on the foundation of your home, such as deteriorating siding or a cracked roof spot, could let cold air to come into your home. Chat with a professional to solve these issues before the colder temperatures hit Lethbridge.
If you have any more questions about winterizing your home, or about storm door installation this winter, give the team at Pella Windows and Doors in Lethbridge a call at 403-328-2517 or visit our showroom to chat face-to-face with our experts. We want to help get your home ready to handle the change in seasons.