Whether it’s your front door, your patio door, or even a back door; doors play an important role in the aesthetic that guests have when arriving at your Lethbridge home. When you determine it’s time to replace your doors, it typically means you are willing to increase your home’s curb appeal or that you are just ready for a change in home atmosphere. Either way, replacement doors are a big investment and call for a few things to keep in mind. Lucky for you, the experts at Pella Windows and Doors have a few things to consider before you determine the final new door style:
- Style with decorative hardware. Complete the style of your doorway with ornamental hardware on your door, such as door hinges, bells, and knobs.
- Add a splash of color. Speaking of curb appeal, why not accentuate your door with a pop of color? Colors that complement your current paint scheme are great and harmonious, but colors that provide contrast to your scheme can make your home look inimitable!
- Experiment with lighting. People often undervalue the use of lighting in an entryway. Whether you’re spotlighting specific features, landscaping, or the door itself, proper lighting can bring a complete look together and feel cozy and inviting to house guests.
- Enhance with plants. The function of greenery near a doorway can also make an excellent first impression. Plants can draw attention to certain door details and divert attention away from other unpleasant features of a doorway.
- Try new accent features. There are many additional features that can add a lot to a door, such as sidelights, decorative glass, small windows and more. With the correct accents, your door and home can be given a major makeover.
Greet guests into your home with an appealing doorway and make a lasting first impression. Drop by the Pella Windows and Doors showroom in Lethbridge, give them a call at 403-328-2517 or arrange an appointment online to discuss all the options for getting replacement doors to boost the look of your home.